Aversa & Linn represents drivers, passengers, pedestrians and cyclists who have been injured in a vehicle accident caused by someone’s negligence or reckless behavior.
Government and insurance industry statistics demonstrate that car accidents in the US have both significant health and economic impacts. Each year:
- 5 million accidents are reported to police
- 1 million of the reported accidents result in injuries requiring medical attention.
- The remainder of the reported accidents – about 4 million – cause property damage only.
- 35,000 people die in vehicle accidents.
- The healthcare costs and productivity losses associated with vehicle accidents total $100 billion.
We represent clients in cases involving cars, SUVs, minivans, trucks, motorcycles, passenger vans and all-terrain vehicles. (Our practice that covers accidents caused by commercial trucks, buses and other mass transit vehicles is described here.)
Aversa & Linn has extensive case experience with all of the major causes of passenger vehicle accidents, including:
- Speeding and other illegal/reckless driving.
- Distracted driving and smartphone usage.
- Driver fatigue and impairment from alcohol or drugs.
- Vehicle defects (due to faulty design or maintenance).
- Roadway defects (due to faulty design, construction or maintenance).
We regularly handle cases involving accidents that have caused serious, catastrophic injuries and have obtained significant verdicts and settlements in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state and federal courts and in uninsured/underinsured motorist arbitrations.
Accidents are physically, emotionally and economically traumatic. Our lawyers and staff are here to help you recover from your pain and suffering, monetary losses, property damage and medical expenses. We will also help you deal with the insurance companies (yours and the other parties) and their doctors.
Aversa & Linn is committed to getting you all of the compensation to which you may be entitled and to pursue all parties that could be liable:
- Other drivers and their employers.
- Automobile and parts manufacturers.
- Establishments that sold liquor to the drivers involved.
- The state and local governments that designed and maintained the roads where your accident occurred.
If you have been injured – or a family member has been injured or killed – as a result of a vehicle accident, we can help. Contact us at 215-751-1717.
Seven-figure mediation settlement for the family of a pedestrian struck by a car who later died following complications during an accident-related surgery.
Car Crosses Center Line
Secured a pre-litigation settlement at the maximum amount permitted by the insurance policy for a client struck by a vehicle that crossed a road’s center line. The Firm then presented a claim to the New Jersey underinsured motorist arbitration panel and secured additional settlement funds.
Six-figure settlement for a Pennsylvania client with limited tort coverage in a rear-end collision in Northampton County, Pennsylvania.
Car Runs Red Light
Secured a pre-litigation settlement for a Pennsylvania resident who suffered a fractured leg when struck by a motorist who ran a red light. Case was settled with both the driver’s insurance company and the client’s underinsured motorist coverage carrier within 18 days after the accident.
Injured Taxi Driver
Six-figure settlement for Philadelphia taxi driver who required surgery after an intersectional collision in which liability was disputed.
Collision Case in Federal Court for Delaware Resident
Substantial six-figure settlement for a Delaware resident in US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania involving claims against both a third-party Defendant and client’s underinsured motorist insurance carrier arising from a rear-end collision.
Police Officer Injured On-Duty
Pre-litigation six-figure settlement for a Philadelphia police officer injured in an collision in an intersection while on-duty.