We represent clients injured by defective, malfunctioning or dangerous products.
Products that consumers buy and use should work correctly, comply with applicable safety standards and provide users with appropriate instructions and warnings. When products fail any of these tests, consumers can suffer serious injuries. Product liability cases generally fall into 4 categories:
- Design Defect Claims: An element of the product’s design is faulty (anything from its basic engineering to its packaging) and causes injuries or property damage to consumers.
- Manufacturing Defect Claims: Some mistake or error occurs in the product’s manufacturing process and leads to injuries to consumers (for example, a jagged edge on a product causes lacerations; a hamburger patty is contaminated with E. coli and generates food poisoning illnesses).
- Failure to Warn Claims: Insufficient warnings or instructions cause consumers to misuse a product and injure themselves or others (products that can lead to inhalation and poisoning injuries, for example, sometimes omit necessary safety information on their packaging).
- Breach of Warranty Claims: A product does not comply with its express or implied warranties and consumers are injured as a result.
We help individuals in bringing claims for injuries or deaths caused by products that suffer from one or more of these four areas. When one of these safety risks is widespread, an official product recall can result. Some product categories that are frequently subject to recalls are:
The products you purchase and use should be safe. When they are sold in a hazardous condition and you get injured, we will fight for you against the companies who are responsible.
We know that accidents from dangerous products can be disruptive and life-changing. Our lawyers and staff are ready to assist you as you recover from your pain and suffering, monetary losses and medical expenses.
We are committed to obtaining the compensation you need to recover from your product-related injuries, including:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of physical capacity and future earnings
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish
- Punitive damages
Our team will analyze and develop a strategic plan that is specific to your case to keep it moving forward and get you results as quickly as possible. We will be in constant communication with you throughout the development of your case and always provide access to our team of attorneys and case managers. This high attention to detail and constant flow of information allows us to maximize your recovery.
We will assemble a team of design experts and safety advocates to build the strongest possible case for you.
In addition to the product’s manufacturer, we will pursue all other parties in the chain of commerce that could be liable for your injuries, including the product’s distributors, wholesalers and retailers, as well as the suppliers of the product’s component parts.
If you have been injured by a defective or dangerous product, Aversa & Linn wants to hear from you. For a free initial consultation, call us at 215-751-1717.
Worker Falls from Defective Boom Lift
Substantial seven-figure settlement obtained for injured construction worker who fell from a height when a defectively designed boom lift collapsed while he was operating it.
Scaffold Collapse Injures Carpenter
High six-figure settlement for union carpenter seriously injured in collapse of scaffold erected by another subcontractor.
Defective Portable Crib
Substantial seven-figure settlement obtained for parents of child who suffocated in a defectively designed and negligently maintained portable crib.
Supermarket Customer Injured by Grocery Bag Defect
Substantial six-figure recovery from national supermarket chain and grocery bag manufacturer for client whose foot was crushed in grocery store accident involving a defective shopping bag.
Brain Injury from Poorly Designed Hoist
Eight-figure settlement for construction worker who suffered severe brain injury when defectively designed and manufactured hoist collapsed.
Chair with Design Defect
Six-figure settlement for woman suffering multiple fractures from collapse of defectively designed chair.