“I treat all my clients like members of my own family and give them the respect, personal attention and commitment they deserve.”
A relentless work ethic and an enthusiasm for climbing steep learning curves have always been hallmarks of Jeff’s legal career. A 15-year veteran of complex commercial litigation and transactions for construction industry clients, Jeff is now applying his talents to representing plaintiffs in personal injury cases. He handles all facets of his cases, from initial consultations to preparing pleadings, conducting depositions and other discovery, arguing motions and advocating for his clients at hearings and trials.
Jeff’s hands-on approach to his practice aligns with the firm’s core value of providing first-rate service by developing personal connections with clients.
“I love making personal connections with each and every one of my clients and I truly care about them and making their lives better.”
Given his prior work experience, he has a particular interest in cases involving construction site injuries caused by violations of established safety practices and standards.
“Every contractor or employee is entitled to work in a safe environment and too often this top priority is ignored resulting in preventable injuries. I have been on these worksites, have been on the planning side of things and have drafted the safety standards to be followed. When those requirements are not implemented and someone gets hurt, I know exactly what needs to be done to right the wrong of an unsafe worksite.”
Jeff’s background in complex, multiparty litigation – including mass tort cases – gives the firm an ability to accept and manage more complex data-driven and document-heavy cases.
“My big case experience and working as a defense attorney gives my clients the advantage when developing and implementing their case strategies. First, I can organize and present volumes of documents and information in a simple, relatable manner to jurors, the court and arbitrators. Second, I understand my opponent’s operations, guidelines and defense tactics.”
When he’s not working, Jeff is an active runner, cyclist and enjoys staying healthy. He also loves traveling and experiencing different cultures, people, places and food. Jeff lives in the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia where he is an active member of his community and enjoys all the amazing things the City has to offer. At the heart of Jeff, however, is his incredible family and friends who are his true inspiration and the secret to his success.
Motorcyclist Severely Injured by Drunk Driver
Representing motorcyclist who sustained severe brain injuries from collision with drunk driver leaving nightclub that served him while visibly intoxicated.
Car Driver Injured Because Parked Truck Blocked Street View
Representing motorist who suffered devastating injuries in collision caused by a construction company that obscured street visibility with parked trailer.
Injury at Supplier’s Property
Representing small business owner who sustained serious hand injuries after tripping over equipment while ordering materials at a supplier’s premises.
Fatal Car Accident While Driving for Work
Representing wife and estate of fatal car accident victim who was killed while driving for his job.
- Muhlenberg College, BA Political Science & Economics 1999, cum laude
- Delaware Law School, JD 2002
- Ranked 1st in class of 251
- Articles Editor, Delaware Journal of Corporate Law
- New Jersey
- US District Court for Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court for District of New Jersey
- Construction Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Vehicle Accidents
- Premises Liability (Slip and Fall)
- Products Liability
- Trucking and Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Dram Shop Negligence
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
Prior Work Experience
Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC, Senior Counsel / Team Leader 2009-2016
- Mass Tort Experience: Jeff has expertise litigating multi-jurisdictional mass tort claims for corporations, manufacturers, and material suppliers in connection with products liability, indoor air quality, insurance recovery, toxic torts, bankruptcy and asbestos claims.
- Construction Litigation Experience: Jeff worked on cases involving the construction of sporting arenas, hotels, resorts, commercial buildings, residential buildings, school buildings, highways, sewage systems, airports, and energy producing facilities, including, Lincoln Financial Field, Citizens Bank Park, Piazza at Schmidt’s, Symphony House, The Four Seasons, Great Exuma at Emerald Bay, Ritz Carlton Grand Cayman, Kaheawa Wind Farm, Hawaii, Philadelphia International Airport, Marine Club Condominiums, Philadelphia Lofts at 640, Rowan University, Philadelphia School District, Bristol Borough School District, Chichester School District, Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, New Jersey Department of Transportation, Delaware Department of Transportation and Marshalltown Generating Station, Iowa.
- Transactional Experience: Jeff has extensive transactional experience drafting and negotiating contracts, engineering-procurement-construction agreements, waivers and releases for major industrial, commercial and residential projects. He prepared and reviewed corporate documents, business entity, structure and management agreements and other business contracts. Jeff worked closely with his clients in all aspects of their business, developing risk management plans and standard operating procedures to minimize potential liability.
Morgan Lewis LLP, Associate 2001-2009
The White House, Correspondence Intern 1998
Publications & Events
- Protect Your Customers — New Pennsylvania Case Upholds Disclaimer Waiving an Employee’s Right to Sue, Cohen Seglias Construction in Brief: 2013 Volume 3
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- The State’s Outstanding Young Lawyers, Philadelphia Magazine, SuperLawyers and Rising Stars (2010)